5-Ingredient no-bake Keto Peanut Butter Balls - Vegan, Protein-packed, gluten-free, dairy-free - super easy to make and absolutely delicious!!
Before you proceed to the recipe card, don't forget to read through the post so you do not miss out on USEFUL TIPS related to this recipe.
The best tools in making the 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls
You only require a few kitchen items to make the 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls. I find having everything ready and set beforehand always helps in saving time and energy. Definitely makes life easier.
- A tray, casserole dish or large plate - where you will arrange the 5-ingredient keto (no-bake) peanut butter balls.
- A spoon, fork or skewer - to assist with dipping the keto no-bake peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate.
- Parchment paper - a must-have in the kitchen, makes life much easier.
- A medium-sized bowl - to mix in your ingredients.
- A spatula - for stirring and folding.
- A medium-sized cookie-scoop (optional) - but it will help you get uniform sized balls.
TIP: Before you proceed with the recipe, it is best to make space in your freezer as the recipe involves a bit of freezing.
Wondering what the 5 ingredients are?
- Peanut butter - without which we would not be having the 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls recipe.
- Coconut flour - helps keep this recipe to remain low carb, keto and paleo.
- Powdered sweetener of choice - I used erythritol.
- Chocolate chips - to dip our protein-packed peanut butter balls in.
- Pinch of chilli - ta-dah!! Our secret ingredient which helps take this recipe to a notch higher.
Dipping peanut butter balls in chocolate
Dipping these delicious 5-Ingredient no-bake Keto Peanut Butter Balls is pretty simple.
- Line a tray or plate with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips - to melt the chocolate chips, transfer them to a microwave-friendly container. Microwave at a medium level, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Using a toothpick or a spoon, dip each of the balls in the melted chocolate then carefully transfer into the parchment-lined plate or tray. You can also use a fork or a skewer.
- Decorate as you wish- for example with a splash of peanut butter.
Storing the 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls
- You can store these peanut butter balls in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, in an airtight container.
- To prevent them from sticking to each other, store them spaced-out, in an airtight container. Additionally, cut pieces of parchment or baking paper and place them between each layer of the peanut butter balls.
- To serve, pick a few of the balls at a time, especially if your room is warm or during summer. That way, you still get to retain the texture.
- The 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls are freezer-friendly and can be safely stored in the fridge for up to 3 months.
I love how healthy and fun this recipe is! Speaking of healthy recipes, here are more recipes to experiment with and try out!!
- Easy Peanut Butter Low Carb Keto Smoothie
- Easy Mocha Keto Chocolate Cake
- Keto Almond Flour Cookies
- Baked Celeriac Chips or Fries
- Delicious Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Soup
- Baked Low Carb Celeriac Fries
- Paleo Carrot Cake Recipe
- Prawn-stuffed Avocado Boats
- Keto Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
How to make Peanut Butter Balls
- Clear your freezer: you will need some space to freeze the 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls.
- Line a plate, cookie sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut flour, powdered sweetener of choice and chilli. I like to use my hands or a spatula to mix. However, feel free to experiment and use a mixer.
- Use your hands to pinch out about 1 inch balls. You could alternatively use a cookie scoop.
- Set the prepared peanut butter balls on the previously parchment paper-lined plate, cookie-sheet or tray. Store in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. TIP: Do not skip storing the peanut butter balls in the freezer. This step is very important as it makes dipping the balls in chocolate later much easier. It also prevents them from melting quickly.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on low, stirring every 30 seconds until properly melted. Make sure to use sugar-free chocolate chips as they are much healthier.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Using either a toothpick, spoon, fork or skewer, dip them in the melted chocolate. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined tray or plate and freeze again for at least 15 minutes.
TIP: If you realise the peanut butter balls are breaking apart during the chocolate dipping process, then return the rest of the undipped peanut butter balls to the freezer.
Difference between Peanut Butter Balls and Buckeyes
Buckeyes and peanut butter balls are more or less similar, with the only difference being Buckeyes are partly dipped in chocolate, leaving out a small part uncovered. Basically, the Buckeye.
Free printable recipe card below
For your convenience, you can use the free printable and detailed recipe card below.
This recipe was originally written in April 2020. I updated the recipe card in August 2020 to a more reader-friendly version.
5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 cups sugar-free chocolate chips
- pinch of chilli optional
- Line a plate, tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter, powdered sweetener, chilli and coconut flour to a medium-sized bowl. Use your hands or a spatula to mix. Feel free to add a bit of water, one tablespoon at a time, if too hard.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop, then use your hands to form medium-sized (approximately 1 inch) peanut butter balls. Set these balls on the previously prepared plate or tray. Make sure to space them out. Store in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Using a spoon, fork or a skewer, dip your peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate. Make sure each ball is thoroughly coated. Transfer the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls to the already prepared tray or plate. You can decorate the balls the way you like, for example, by sprinkling sea salt on top.
- Transfer to the freezer and freeze for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- If desired, you can sprinkle chilli or sea salt on top of these 5-Ingredient (no-bake) Keto Peanut Butter Balls, before transferring to the freezer.
Enjoyed making the 5-ingredient no-bake Keto Peanut Butter Balls? Type in the comment section below how they turned out. Have suggestions on how I can improve the recipe? Loved the recipe? You can rate it through the ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ on the recipe card above. You can also check me out on Instagram and Facebook.