Incredibly delicious, healthy, and easy to make strawberry pineapple banana smoothie that you will certainly love! This vegan recipe only takes 5 minutes to make from start to finish and only requires four ingredients, with the possibility of recipe combinations or add-ins. The best thing is, you can enjoy it all year round since it allows for the use of frozen fruit.
This banana strawberry pineapple smoothie is always one of my to-go-to drinks, especially for breakfast or during the hot summer months. It is made with no yogurt which helps keep it light.
I particularly love smoothies because I find that they play a great role in ensuring we are getting the required amount of fruit in our diet. If you are looking for some great ideas in this regard, then you certainly want to check out this easy virgin pina colada or strawberry chocolate smoothie. Oh, if you are on the other hand, searching for a smoothie to gain weight then this weight gainer smoothie with banana is the one for you. The best part is, there is always something for everyone.
- A high-powered blender always gives the best results. However, don't worry if you don't have one. I made this recipe with just a normal economical kitchen blender.
- Straws - my smoothies taste better when I drink them with a straw. However, feel free to drink it, slurp it, any way you like. If you can get environmentally friendly straws such as glass straws or bamboo straws then even better.
- Drinking glasses - to serve in.
I think it goes without saying that it is always best to keep your equipment together in one place. I have had problems in the past finding my blender and the equipment that comes with it (cups, base, etc.).
Since we are using frozen fruit, you do not need to use ice cubes. Just make sure one of the fruits you are using is frozen. This easy recipe requires just four healthy ingredients:
- Pineapples - pineapples are rich in antioxidants, manganese and are loaded with vitamin C. They also have a diuretic impact on the body as they assist the body in getting rid of excess water.
- Strawberries - use frozen strawberries to get a smooth, thick, and creamy texture. In addition to being rich in manganese, strawberries are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and folate. You can also use fresh strawberries; in which case, make sure to use frozen pineapples to help maintain the creaminess.
- Banana - is a great source of potassium which is good for the heart. It aids with gastrointestinal issues, is rich in manganese, sweetly delicious, and filling.
- Almond milk - as I wanted to keep this strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe vegan and dairy-free, I opted to use almond milk. Use normal milk if you don't have any special dietary needs.
How to Make
Making this healthy strawberry pineapple smoothie with banana is very easy, simply combine frozen strawberry, chopped pineapple, banana, and almond milk in a blender and process until smooth. It really doesn't get simpler!
As a tip, look up the ingredients in your pantry or in your fridge in advance. This way you won't be missing certain ingredients when you want to make your smoothie.
Are smoothies a good way to lose weight?
Most certainly, as they mostly comprise of rich nutrient-dense ingredients. The key is to keep everything balanced by having a combination of fiber-packed fruits or vegetables and a protein source, such as nut butter or seeds, for example, chia seeds. It is, however, important to note that having nutritious smoothies is only part of the equation. Other factors such as sleep, hormonal balance, and exercise play key roles as well. Nutritionists advise focusing on overall well-being as opposed to just losing weight.
Some useful tips when making smoothies
- Store strawberries in a container that has been slightly covered. I always prefer keeping them in a single layer with paper towels in between this is because strawberries are very sensitive to moisture and tend to get moldy very quickly. For the same reason always wash strawberries just before you are about to use them. This prevents them from building up the moisture that would otherwise lead to mouldiness.
- Clean your blender after every use. Maintain the texture of the rubber gasket by rubbing vegetable oil on it.
- Use a kitchen cloth or kitchen towel to completely wipe off any moisture before storing the blender.
- Always prep your ingredients beforehand. With this in mind, it is sometimes better to look up a recipe the day before, or some hours before since some recipes call for frozen ingredients. These can then be easily frozen in advance.
- As a general rule, I would advise starting with separate ingredients. By this I mean start by first blending the solids followed by the liquids, if you own a high-speed blender. Pulse the solids in short intervals to create a smooth puree. Most blenders come with a pulse function.
- If you are using a regular blender like mine, I would advise starting with the liquid first followed by the solid ingredients. Regular blenders just don't have the capacity for blending solid pieces on their own properly. They tend to get stuck between the blades if the liquid is not added at the beginning.
- Proceed to add the liquid or liquids. To do this, simply open the top of the blender, add the liquid, put the top back on, and then blend all the ingredients together.
This strawberry pineapple smoothie recipe is so versatile as it allows for various combinations or add-ins.
- Spinach - don't worry about your banana strawberry smoothie tasting so much like spinach as the pineapples will easily mask this taste. Also, add fresh raw spinach when making smoothies as opposed to cooked spinach.
- Coconut milk - replace the almond milk in the recipe with coconut milk.
- Berries - use a variety of frozen berries. This is normally available in the frozen fruit section in supermarkets.
- Orange juice - use orange juice as the liquid of choice.
Pineapple Smoothie without banana
While this recipe uses banana as one of the ingredients, I have lots of friends and even members of my family who do not like bananas. Bananas are normally used in smoothie recipes to create a creamy thick texture. If you are allergic to bananas, get heartburn from them, or just do not like them for some reason then you can swap the banana in the recipe for one cup of yogurt (dairy-free coconut yogurt if you are allergic to dairy). You can also substitute banana for whipping cream.
Storage and Make-ahead Tips
You can make this smoothie ahead for later use by storing it in an airtight jar and then keeping it in the refrigerator. It will keep for one day. Afterwards, it just doesn't taste as great and the colour may not look good.
Save time by chopping up your smoothie ingredients and storing them in zip lock bags. These can then be stored in the freezer for later use. This is particularly helpful when using seasonal fruit or vegetables.
Here are some more simple and healthy recipes to check out:
- Peanut Butter Low Carb Keto Smoothie
- Blue Spirulina Smoothie Recipe
- Healthy Minced Beef Recipe
- Delicious Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Kachumbari (East African Salad) Recipe
- Prawn-stuffed avocado boat recipe
- Low-carb vegetarian cauliflower tots
Printable Recipe Card
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Banana
- A high powered blender always gives the best results. However, don’t worry if you don’t have one. I made this recipe with just a normal economical kitchen blender.
- Straws to serve (optional)
- Glasses to serve
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- ½ banana
- 1¼ cup almond milk (10 fl oz)
- Add the almond milk and banana to your blender, then frozen strawberries and the chopped pineapple. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Pour the strawberry pineapple smoothie into glasses and serve cold.
- The frozen fruit can be interchanged. Feel free to use frozen pineapple and fresh strawberries instead.
- If using a high-power blender, start with the fruit first. The blender should be able to puree the fruit to a thick pulp. You can then proceed to add the almond milk.
- You can use any milk you like, in place of the almond milk.
- You do not need to add ice. The frozen fruit ensures that the smoothie remains cold and creamy enough.
- Store strawberries in a container that has been slightly covered. Keep them in a single layer with paper towels in between because strawberries are very sensitive to moisture and tend to get moldy very quickly. For the same reason always wash strawberries just before you are about to use them. This prevents them from building up the moisture that would otherwise lead to mouldiness.
Did you make this banana strawberry pineapple smoothie? If so, let me know in the comments section below how it went.