Strawberry pineapple smoothie with banana - tastes incredibly delicious and is super easy to make too!! Takes only 5-minutes from start to finish to make! The best thing about this smoothie is, you can enjoy it all year round since it allows for the use of frozen fruit. It also uses just four ingredients with the possibility of recipe combinations or add-ins. Great for breakfast or as a refreshing summer drink too.
Before you skip to the recipe card, don't forget to read through the post so you don't miss out on useful tips related to this particular recipe.
This recipe was written on the 30th of May 2020. I have updated it on the 21st of August with a more user-friendly recipe card.
Are smoothies a good way to lose weight?
Most certainly, as they mostly comprise of rich nutrient-dense ingredients. The key is to keep everything balanced by having a combination of fibre-packed fruits or vegetables and a protein source, such as nut butter or seeds, for example, chia seeds. It is, however, important to note that having nutritious smoothies is only part of the equation. Other factors such as sleep, hormonal balance and exercise play key roles as well. Nutritionists advise on focusing on overall well-being as opposed to just losing weight.
If you love smoothies as I do then you are most certainly going to love this Easy Virgin Pina Colada smoothie. Another Strawberry Smoothie recipe that I love is the Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie done by paleorunningmomma. If you are searching for an alternative to coffee for your breakfast, then you will love my vegan and Paleo Turmeric Latte Recipe.
In case I havn't mentioned it, this recipe is Vegan and Paleo.
Some useful tips when making smoothies
- Always keep your equipment together in one place. I have had problems in the past finding my blender and the equipment that comes with it ( cups, base, etc.).
- Clean your blender after every use. Maintain the texture of the rubber gasket by rubbing vegetable oil on it.
- Use a kitchen cloth or kitchen towel to completely wipe off any moisture before storing the blender.
- Always prep your ingredients beforehand. With this in mind, it is sometimes better to look up a recipe the day before, or some hours before since some recipes call for frozen ingredients. These can then be easily frozen in advance.
- I would advise starting with separate ingredients. By this I mean start by first blending the solids followed by the liquids. Pulse the solids in short intervals to create a smooth puree. Most blenders come with a pulse function.
- Proceed to add liquid or liquids. To do this simply open the top of the blender, add the liquid, put the top back on and then blend all the ingredients together. Other ingredients such as protein powders or nut butter can be added at this point.
TIP: If you are using a regular blender like mine, I would advise starting with the liquid first followed by the solids. Regular blenders just don't have the capacity for blending solid pieces on their own properly. They tend to get stuck between the blades if the liquid is not added at the start.
How to make some delicious strawberry pineapple smoothie with banana
Look up the ingredients in your pantry or in your fridge before. This way you won't be missing certain ingredients when you want to make your smoothie.
The basic recipe requires just four key ingredients:
- Pineapples - pineapples are rich in antioxidants, manganese and are loaded with vitamin C. They also have a diuretic impact on the body as they assist the body in getting rid of excess water.
- Strawberries - use frozen strawberries to get that smooth, thick, creamy texture. In addition to being rich in manganese, strawberries are a great source of vitamin C potassium and folate. You can also use fresh strawberries. In this case, use frozen pineapples.
- Banana - A great source of potassium which is good for the heart, aid with gastrointestinal issues, also rich in manganese, sweet delicious and filling.
- Almond milk - this is a vegan strawberry pineapple smoothie with banana recipe, that's why I am using almond milk. You can also use normal milk if you don't have any special dietary needs.
TIP: Store strawberries in a container that has been slightly covered. I always prefer keeping them in a single layer with paper towels in between this is because strawberries are very sensitive to moisture and tend to get mouldy very quickly. For the same reason always wash strawberries just before you are about to use them. This prevents them from building up the moisture that would otherwise lead to the mouldiness.
Since we are using frozen fruit, you do not need to use ice cubes. Just make sure one of the fruits you are using is frozen.
- A high powered blender always gives the best results. However, don't worry if you don't have one. I made this recipe with just a normal economical kitchen blender.
- Straws - My smoothies taste better when I drink them from a straw. However, feel free to drink it, slurp it, any way you like. If you can get environmentally friendly straws such as glass straws or bamboo straws then even better.
Strawberry pineapple smoothie combinations
This Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Banana is so versatile. It allows for various combinations or add-ins.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Spinach
Don't worry about your smoothie tasting so much like spinach. Pineapples will easily mask this taste. Add fresh raw spinach when making smoothies as opposed to cooked spinach.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Milk
Replace the almond milk in the recipe with coconut milk.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with berries
Use a variety of frozen berries. This is normally available in the frozen fruit section in Supermarkets.
Pineapple Smoothie without banana
I have lots of friends and even members of my family who do not like bananas. Bananas are normally used in smoothie recipes to create a creamy thick texture. if you are allergic to bananas, get heartburn from them, or just do not like them for some reason then you can swap the banana in the recipe for one cup of yoghurt (dairy-free coconut yoghurt if you are allergic to dairy). You can also substitute banana for whipping cream.
Storage and make-ahead tips
You can make this smoothie ahead for later use by storing it in an airtight jar and then keeping it in the refrigerator. It will keep for one day. Afterwards, it just doesn't taste as great and the colour may not look good.
Save time by chopping up your smoothie ingredients and storing them in zip lock bags. These can then be stored in the freezer for later use. This is particularly helpful when using seasonal fruit or vegetables.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Banana
- A high powered blender always gives the best results. However, don’t worry if you don’t have one. I made this recipe with just a normal economical kitchen blender.
- Straws to serve (optional)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- ½ banana
- 1¼ cup (10 oz) almond milk
- Add the almond milk and banana to your blender, then frozen strawberries and the chopped pineapple. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- The frozen fruit can be interchanged. Feel free to use frozen pineapple and fresh strawberries instead.
- If using a high power blender, start with the fruit first. The blender should be able to puree the fruit to a thick pulp. You can then proceed to add the almond milk.
- You can use any milk you like, in place of the almond milk.
- You do not need to add ice. The frozen fruit ensures that the smoothie remains cold and creamy enough.
“Nutrition information on the site is an estimate calculated using a third-party source and is provided for informational purposes only. It is highly recommended that you make your own calculations. If you have any specific dietary concerns, kindly consult with your healthcare practitioner. Variations may occur for many reasons, such as ingredients used and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.” Net carbs exclude fibre, erythritol and allulose since they do not impact the blood sugar levels in most people.
More simple, healthy recipes
- Healthy Minced Beef Recipe
- Delicious Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Kachumbari (East African Salad) Recipe
- Prawn-stuffed avocado boat recipe
- Low-carb vegetarian cauliflower tots
Did you make this Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie with Banana? If so, let me know in the comments section below how it went.