Keto Hazelnut Energy Treat
You will love this simple Keto hazelnut energy treat recipe !! Delicious no-bake chocolate goodness, the perfect blend of sweet and savoury.
A non-stick pan or skillet
Spatula or spoon to mix
Silicon mould (or a parchment paper-lined dish)
Food processor or a pestle and mortar
- 75 g hazelnuts
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 15 g ground golden flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice such as swerve or monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
Roast the hazelnuts slightly under medium heat to release their oils and make them more flavourful. Ground them coarsely using a food processor or a pestle and mortar, then set them aside to cool.
Meanwhile, mix all the other dry ingredients (swerve or your preferred choice of sweetener, ground golden flax-seeds, cacao powder and the pink Himalayan salt.
Melt the coconut oil and nut butter, stirring continuously until properly mixed with no chunks.
Gently mix the dry ingredients into the melted coconut-almond or peanut butter mixture.
Pour into a suitable silicon mold and freeze for at least one hour. Alternatively, spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined dish.
Once frozen, remove from the mold and store in an air-tight container in the freezer. If you used the lined dish, break it into desired pieces then store in it the fridge.
- Stored in an air-tight container, the energy treats can be kept upto 6 months in the freezer.
- This energy treat can also be enjoyed as a dessert, in the same way, one would enjoy a bar of chocolate or as a post-workout treat.
Serving: 32g | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.8g | Fat: 9.5g | Sodium: 3mg | Fiber: 0.5g